In the late 1990’s, Aneeta Windows were invited to assist the NSW State Government with the development of acoustic window products for the SANIP project for housing buildings adjacent to the Sydney International Airport. An increase in flight numbers, together with an extension in flight arrival and take off hours developed a need for additional acoustic sealing for the surrounding homes and buildings.
The result was that Aneeta Windows developed two acoustic window models in 6mm and 10mm glass. The acoustic windows were tested in conjunction with a major aluminium window fabricators awning window as a combined "awning/sashless" twin window system. The test resulted in a combined STC value of above 45.
As well as the SANIP project in Sydney this arrangement was specified and installed to a number of apartment complexes in close proximity to the Westgate Freeway in Southbank, Melbourne, Victoria.
Independently tested by NATA laboratories in Australia, the Aneeta Windows acoustic system provides a solution to many acoustic noise requirements.
- the building code requirement for egress on second stories and above
- a barrier to animals
- a control against sprinkler system water ingress
- the height requirement for swimming pool fences.
- a control of airflow to the centre section and head of the window and not at floor level.
- Large internal secondary windows measuring 2400mm high x 1500mm wide with 10.38mm laminated glass were manufactured and installed in an old school building.
- Aneeta Windows sashless 2 pane systems provide a small footprint of 40mm for 6mm glass and this limits the protrusion of new frames in acoustic applications.
- Acoustic windows as secondary units to existing windows
- In combination with new primary windows to give very high STC ratings.
Aneeta Windows – The Sashless Window
Aneeta Windows pride themselves on being innovators in sashless window systems. Please note many of our systems contain specific design elements and as such we protect our inventiveness by obtaining worldwide patents and design protection where possible.