Aneeta Windows was requested to provide a solution for an apartment project in Pyrmont, Sydney, NSW. The request contributed to the development and implementation of the 4 pane sashless window. Winter Gardens were created to replace conventional opened balconies, a concept that is extremely popular in Europe.
The successful development and installation of the 4 pane system for the project lead to the system being adopted and implemented by architects and specifiers in numerous commercial applications.
- Commonly used in commercial applications requiring an alternative opening from standard sashless windows.
- Provides similar benefits to the 3 pane system with the unique addition of a middle section opening with top and bottom fixed panes.
- Provides a larger middle pane opening as the two middle panes open to overlap the top and bottom fixed panes.
- No multiple horizontal transoms are required in the vision line.
- Bottom pane fixed can provide:
- the building code requirement for egress on second stories and above
- a barrier to animals
- a control against sprinkler system water ingress
- the height requirement for swimming pool fences.
- a control of airflow to the centre section and head of the window and not at floor level.
- Suitable for second storey and above applications.
- Used extensively in Apartments, Restaurants (i.e. Docklands in Melbourne), Cafes, unusual projects.
Aneeta Windows – The Sashless Window
Aneeta Windows pride themselves on being innovators in sashless window systems. Please note many of our systems contain specific design elements and as such we protect our inventiveness by obtaining worldwide patents and design protection where possible.